A man’s facial hair is his best friend. After the hair on your head, your facial hair is one of the most important parts of your style and look. A good shave or beard can change everything from the way people look at you to the amount on your paycheck. Maintenance is one of the key factors in how your look represents you, a well-groomed man is more desirable and respected. Grooming your beard properly, if that is your choice of facial hair, can open many doors.
Beard grooming might seem like a simple task, but there is actually quite a lot that goes into the upkeep and health of your beard. From a variety of products to basic things like patience and understanding, your beard is the outcome of your time and effort.
How does it affect you?
Most men spend a lot of money and time on their hair with a good cut and a variety of products they choose specifically for their hair. Sadly, the same attention and care is not put into the upkeep of one’s beard or facial hair. A well-kept beard can change your world. It has been proven that people with a proper beard not only are preferred by the same/opposite sex, but they get hired more and earn more than their unkempt alternatives. The advantages of right beard grooming are endless.
When you are choosing products for your beard, you can feel slightly overwhelmed as there are several products and countless brands. The correct combination of products can leave your beard soft and healthy, while the lack thereof can leave you stabbing your partners face and have a frizzy and ill looking beard.
The choice of products available for your beard are: beard oils, beard balms, beard dyes, and beard creams. These are just the products you will need for non-shave related care. A trimmer is a beards right hand, as a correctly trimmed beard will grow to be healthy and grow in the direction you want.
How to Groom Your Beard
While a proper groom is easy to attain there are a few hints that are crucial to achieve the beard of your dreams.
- First of all, be patient. Beards take time to grow and for newcomers to beards it can be frustrating to wait while the hair on your face grows to the height you desire.
- Your beard and your face must be in unity. Some people make the mistake of trying a style of beard that does not fit their face. Realizing your face and facial hair are one the same will help you grow the right beard for you.
- When and how to trim are vital. While growing the beard does take time, it is also crucial to trim the dead ends with a quality trimmer. Whether you want it short or long your beard needs a trimmer.
- Wash, wash and wash some more. Keeping the beard and skin under it clean is mandatory for a healthy beard growth. Especially in the beginning, dead skin cells and other remnants can cause itchiness and cause a negative effect on the beard growth.
- Beard oils deliver. When you need to tame and nourish your beard, there really is not a better product than beard oils. For all types of beards and preferences, beard oils are the go-to. This product will leave your beard softer, shinier, and smelling great.
- Train your beard. Just like any other part of your look, you can move mountains by properly shaping your beard. A good comb or beard brush can straighten stubborn beards, while training the hairs to grow in the direction you want. This can also be aided with a soft-hold beard wax to help you style.
- Feed your beard right. Most people forget that beards are made of protein and fat. So, you need to eat the foods to fuel your beard. Beards also rely largely on Vitamins B3, B5, and B9.
If you follow this simple chart you will soon achieve the beard of your dreams while staying hygienic and loveable to your partner. Do not expect great results from something you do not take care of. Beard grooming is not a part time job, but it is well worth it.